India on Tuesday recorded 38,073 Covid-19 cases, pushing the tally in the country to 85,91,730, according to the health ministry’s data.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. With 38,073 new COVID-19 infections, India’s total cases surge to 85,91,730. With 448 new deaths, count mounts to 1,27,059
2. Total active cases are 5,05,265 after a decrease of 4,408 in the last 24 hrs.
3. Total cured cases are 79,59,406 with 42,033 new discharges in the last 24 hours
4. The health ministry says India’s active cases have fallen below 6% of the total coronavirus infections in the country. The number of recoveries, on the other hand, have risen past 92% of the cumulative cases, it says.
Demonstrating a landmark achievement, India's Active Cases have fallen below 6% of the Total Cases.
The Recovered Cases have leaped past 92% of the cumulative cases. pic.twitter.com/loSdQJ7obD
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) November 10, 2020
5. In a tweet, the Health Ministry said, “Demonstrating a landmark achievement, India’s Active Cases have fallen below 6% of the Total Cases. The Recovered Cases have leaped past 92% of the cumulative cases.”
6. In another tweet, it said, “Calibrated and effective strategy of the Centre focused on high levels of testing for early identification combined with timely tracing, isolation and hospitalisation for the severe cases have resulted in a manageable number of active cases and continuously rising number of recoveries.”
7. On Monday, Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan held a virtual meeting with Health Ministers of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana, and West Bengal to review the COVID-19 situation.
8. Telangana has registered 1,267 fresh coronavirus cases taking the total infection count to 2.52 lakh while fourmore deaths pushed the count to 1,385.
9. Mumbai reported 599 new COVID-19 cases, 507 recovered cases and 20 deaths on Monday.
Total cases in Mumbai stands at 2,65,142 including 2,37,029 discharges, 16,923 active cases & 10,462 deaths: Municipal Corporation, Greater Mumbai
10. Seventy-nine per cent of the 45,903 new Covid-19 cases reported on Monday were from 10 states and UTs, with Delhi overtaking Maharashtra and Kerala by reporting 7,745 infections in a span of 24 hours to become the largest contributor to the single-day infections, the Union Health Ministry said on Monday.
(With Agency Inputs)