Globally, the coronavirus has infected more than 4.68 crore people and killed 12,05,048, according to the Johns Hopkins University. Over 3.12 crore people have recovered from the infection.
1. The US is the worst-hit country with the world’s highest number of cases and deaths at 9,284,261 and 231,507, respectively, according to the CSSE.
2. India comes in second place in terms of cases at 8,229,313, while the country’s death toll soared to 122,607.
3. Many European countries are seeing a surge in COVID-19 cases with the onset of winter in the northern hemisphere. Experts have said the continent risks being hit with further waves of coronavirus infections next year in the absence of a vaccine.
4. Covid-related restrictions on movement, including partial lockdowns, have been announced by several countries including France, Britain, Germany and Spain to bring down the number of daily infections.
5. Brazil currently accounts for the second highest number of fatalities at 160,074.
6. In Asia, Hong Kong will extend social distancing rules by another week.
7. Malaysia’s prime minister ordered a review of measures amid an increase in cases.
8. Thailand is considering reducing mandatory quarantine to 10 days.
9. Indonesia reported the fewest new cases since August.
10. Singapore schools will require all students to use the government’s contact tracing token or mobile app from the start of December. Globally.
(With Agency Inputs)