The overall number of global coronavirus cases has topped 39.89 million, while the deaths have increased to more than 1.1 million, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
Here are the top 10 developments this morning:
- A global study conducted by the World Health Organization concluded that Remdesivir drug has little to no effect on the recovery of hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
- A night curfew was imposed in some French cities on Saturday in a bid to fight a second wave in Europe.
- As per French health authorities, 29,837 new COVID-19 cases were reported in the past 24 hours on Sunday.
- According to Illinois Department of Public Health, 4,245 new Covid-19 cases and 22 additional deaths were recorded on sunday.
- Minnesota recorded 1,732 new coronavirus cases and 17 additional deaths on Sunday, according to the state’s department of health.
- The average coronavirus positivity rate in New York’s specific “red zone” focus areas is currently 3.19 per cent, as per Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
- Italy reports record daily increase of COVID-19 cases for the fifth consecutive day, with 11,705 fresh infections being reported, as per the national Civil Protection Agency.
- Ski resorts in New York state will be allowed to reopen at 50% indoor capacity starting Nov. 6, as per Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
- The state of South Carolina reported 722 new coronavirus cases and 12 additional deaths, on Sunday.
- The overall number of global coronavirus cases has topped 39.89 million.