India reported 61,267 coronavirus cases and 884 deaths in the last 24 hours ending 8 am on Tuesday. With this, the total number of Covid-19 cases in the country rose to 66,85,083 while the toll soared to 1,03,569.
1. Active COVID-19 cases in the country have remained under the 10-lakh mark for 15 consecutive days, Union Health Ministry has said.
2. Active cases currently stand at 9,19,023. About 75,787 recoveries were registered in the country in the last 24 hours.
3. As many as 10,89,403 samples were tested for COVID-19 on October 5. Also, a total of 8,10,71,797 samples have been tested in the country till October 5, said the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
4. Union Minister Prakash Javadekar on Tuesday released guidelines for the reopening of cinema halls across the country. The Centre had allowed the opening of movie theatres starting October 15 with 50 per cent capacity and one seat distance on September 30.
5. Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan releases ‘Ayush Standard Treatment Protocol’, via virtual conference.
6. Maharashtra recovery rate touches 80%. 2.5 lakh active cases out of a total of 14.5 lakh total cases
7. Maharashtra reports 10.2k new cases, lowest in the last 49 days
8. Delhi’s recovery rate crosses 90% again after 42 days. Recovery rate in Haryana also crosses 90%.
9. Veteran Bengali actor Soumitra Chatterjee tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, health officials said. He has been admitted to a hospital in Kolkata, they said.
10. At least 15 more people tested positive for COVID-19 in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, raising the tally in the Union Territory to 3,899, a health department official said on Tuesday.