Top 10 Developments in India
- India’s tally crosses 65-lakh mark with a spike of 75,829 new cases & 940 1.ths reported in last 24 hours.Total case tally now stands at 65,49,374 including 9,37,625 active cases, 55,09,967 cured/discharged/migrated cases & 1,01,782 deaths, as per Union Health Ministry.
- The testing capacity in the country has been ramped up at a significant pace to reach over 7.7 crores in October from just one in January this year, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) on Sunday.
The MoHFW also said that the increased pace of testing has led to “early identification, prompt isolation, and effective treatment of COVID-19 cases. These have eventually resulted in a sustained low Fatality Rate.” “India has scaled up its testing capacity from one in January to more than 7.7 cr in October. With progressively falling positivity rate, testing has worked as an effective tool to limit the spread of COVID-19 infection,” a tweet by the MoHFW read.As per the MoHFW, 7,78,50,403 tests for COVID-19 were conducted in the country on October 3 which marks a new high.
- With Covid-19 cases continuing to spike across Kerala, prohibitory orders under CrPC Section 144 have been clamped across the state.The ban on assembly of more than five persons will continue till the end of this month.
- As many as 1,811 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Madhya Pradesh on Saturday, according to the State Health Department.
The total number of positive cases in the state stands at 1,33,918 including 19,807 active cases, 1,11,712 recoveries. With 27 new deaths, the cumulative toll of the state reached 2,101.
- A total of 2,258 new COVID-19 cases and 34 deaths were reported from Delhi in the last 24 hours.With this, the total count of COVID-19 cases in the metropolis has gone up to 2,87,930, including 25,234 active cases, 2,57,224 recoveries and 5,472 deaths. According to Delhi government Health Department, the positivity rate in the last 24 hours stands at 5.74 per cent and the death rate based on the last 10 days data stands at 1.24 per cent.
- A total of 503 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Uttarakhand on Saturday taking the total count of cases to 50,062 in the state.
- A total of 9,886 new COVID-19 cases, 8,989 discharges and 100 deaths were reported in Karnataka on Saturday.The state Health Department said the total count of coronavirus cases in the state has increased to 6,30,516 including 5,08,495 discharges and 9,219 deaths
- Haryana on Saturday reported 1,188 COVID-19 cases, 1,542 recoveries and 25 deaths, according to the State Health Department.The total cases in the state have reached to 1,32,576 with 1,18,258 recoveries, 1,450 deaths and 12,868 active cases.
- West Bengal recorded 3,340 new coronavirus cases and 62 deaths on Saturday, according to the State Health Department.The total number of cases in the state now stands at 2,66,974 including 2,34,712 recoveries, 5,132 deaths and 27,130 active cases.
- As many as 1,632 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Assam on Saturday, Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said.A total of 33,656 tests were conducted in the state yesterday. The total number of cases now stands at 1,85,444 including 1,48,960 discharges, 35,746 active cases and 735 deaths.
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram