India’s COVID-19 case tally crossed 57-lakh mark on Thursday after a spike of 86,508 new cases and 1,129 deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
The total case tally stands at 5,732,519, including 9,66,382 active cases, 46,74,988 cured/discharged/migrated and 91,149 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Minister of State for Railways Suresh Angadi died of COVID-19 in New Delhi on Wednesday. He was 65-years-old.
2. In the PM-CMs meeting on Wednesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi stressed on the need for states to strengthen their tracing- tracking strategy to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus infection.
3. New recoveries in India have exceeded the new cases for 5 consecutive days: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) September 24, 2020
4. Delhi reported 3,714 new COVID-19 cases (out of 59,580 tests), 4,465 recoveries and 36 deaths on Thursday, taking total cases to 2,56,789, including 2,20,866 recoveries and 5,087 deaths. Number of active cases stands at 30,836: Health Department
5. Maharashtra reports 21,029 new COVID-19 cases, 19,476 recovered cases and 479 deaths on Thursday, taking total positive cases to 12,63,799 till date, including 2,73,477 active cases, 9,56,030 discharges & 33,886 deaths: State Health Department, Govt of Maharashtra
6. 1,372 new COVID-19 cases, 1,289 discharged cases and 15 deaths reported in Gujarat, ion Thursday. Positive cases tally rises to 1,27,541 till date, including 16,470 active cases, 1,07,701 cured/discharged & 3,370 deaths: State Health Department
7. West Bengal reported 3,189 new COVID-19 cases, 2,998 discharges and 61 deaths on Thursday. The total cases in the state rise to 2,34,673, including 2,05,028 discharges and 4,544 deaths. Active cases stand at 25,101: State Health Department
8. Karnataka reported 6,997 new COVID-19 cases, 5,460 discharges & 38 deaths on Thursday. The total number of cases in the state now stands at 5,40,847, including 94,652 active cases, 4,37,910 discharges & 8,266 deaths. 8033 new cases reported in Bengaluru Rural today: State Health Dept
9. Tamil Nadu reports 5,325 new COVID-19 cases, 5,363 discharges and 63 deaths on Thursday, taking the total number of positive cases to 5,57,999 till date, including 5,02,740 discharged cases, 46,350 active cases and 9,010 deaths: State Health Department, Govt of Tamil Nadu
10. The Union Territory of Ladakh reported 46 new COVID-19 cases and one death on Thursday; 35 patients recovered and discharged: Department of Information & Public Relations, Ladakh