India’s COVID-19 case tally crossed 47 lakh-mark on Sunday after a spike of 94,372 new cases and 1,114 deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
The total case tally stands at 47,54,357, including 9,73,175 active cases, 37,02,596 cured/discharged/migrated and 78,586 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. A total of 5,62,60,928 samples tested up to September 12. Of these, 10,71,702 samples were tested on Saturday: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
2. Union Health Ministry has issued ‘post COVID-19 management protocol’; use of Chyawanprash, Yogasana, Pranayama and walks among suggestions.
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) September 13, 2020
3. India’s COVID-19 recoveries have witnessed a steep exponential rise – from 50,000 in May to over 36 lakhs in September. A high level of more than 70,000 recoveries reported every day. Recoveries are nearly 3.8 times the Active Cases (under 1/4 total cases): Ministry of Health
4. Once DCGI (Drugs Controller General of India) gives us permission to restart the trials in India, we will resume the trials: Serum Institute of India
5. Pune reported 4,717 new COVID-19 cases 90 deaths on Saturday, taking total cases to 2,20,692 including 1,74,627 recoveries and 5,059 deaths: Pune Zilha Parishad, Maharashtra
6. Maharashtra reports 22,084 new COVID-19 cases, 13,489 discharges and 391 deaths on Saturday. The total number of cases in the state rise to 10,37,765, including 7,28,512 recoveries and 2,79,768 active cases: Public Health Department, Maharashtra
7. West Bengal on Saturday reported 3,161 new COVID-19 cases and 59 deaths, taking total cases to 1,99,493, including 1,72,085 discharges, 23,521 active cases and 3,887 deaths: State Health Department
8. 9,140 new COVID-19 cases and 94 deaths reported in Karnataka on Saturday. There are 4,49,551 cases in the state now, including 3,44,556 discharges and 97,815 active cases: State Health Department
9. Delhi reported 4,321 new COVID-19 cases and 28 deaths on Saturday; 3,141 people recovered/discharged/migrated. Total cases rise to 2,14,069, including 4,715 deaths and 1,81,295 recovered/discharged/migrated. Active cases at 28,059: Government of Delhi
10. Uttarakhand reported 1,115 new COVID-19 cases and 603 discharges on Saturday. COVID tally in the state rises to 30,336, including 402 deaths and 20,031 recovered: State Control Room