1. The Centre has given approval to Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech’s coronavirus vaccine Covaxin to conduct phase 2 of clinical trials from September 7.
2. As Maharashtra on Sunday reported 23,350 new COVID-19 cases, the state’s tally of people infected with the virus has surpassed 9 lakh-mark.
3. Delhi’s COVID-19 case tally reached 1,91,449 with 3,256 new cases and 29 deaths reported on Sunday. The numbers of active and recovered cases are 20,909 and 1,65,973, respectively. The death toll rose to 4,567: Delhi Government
4. Andhra Pradesh reported 10,794 new COVID-19 cases and 70 deaths on Sunday. Total number of cases now at 4,98,125 including 99,689 active cases, 3,94,019 recoveries and 4,417 deaths: State Health Department
5. 3082 new COVID-19 positive cases, 2196 recoveries and 10 deaths reported in Kerala today. The number of active cases now at 22, 676. So far, 64,755 persons have recovered: KK Shailaja, Health Minister said on Sunday
6. Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor on Sunday revealed he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently isolating at home.
7. 9,319 new COVID-19 cases and 95 deaths reported in Karnataka on Sunday, taking active cases to 99,266. There have been 2,92,873 recoveries and 6,393 deaths: State Health Department
8. 1946 new COVID-19 cases and 54 deaths reported in Punjab on Sunday. Total number of cases now at 63,473, including 16156 active cases, 45,455 discharges and 1862 deaths: State Govt
9. 668 new positive cases reported in Uttarakhand on Sunday. The total number of COVID-19 cases in the state is now 24,629 including 16,573 recoveries, 7,640 active cases and 341 deaths: State Health Department
10. West Bengal reported 3,087 new COVID-19 cases and 52 deaths on Sunday, taking total cases to 1,80,788 including 1,54,008 discharges, 23,218 active cases and 3,562 deaths: State Health Department