India’s COVID-19 tally crossed 41 lakh mark with a single-day spike of 90,633 new cases and 1,065 deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
According to the Ministry of Health Sunday morning update, the total case tally stands at 41,13,812, including 8,62,320 active cases, 31,80,866 cured/discharged/migrated and 70,626 deaths.
Here are the top 10 development in India this morning:
1. Union Health Ministry has updated advisory on COVID-19 testing and introduced ‘on-demand’ testing without a prescription.
2. A total of 4,88,31,145 samples tested up to 5th September 2020. Of these, 10,92,654 samples were tested on Saturday: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
3. International flights continue to facilitate repatriation and outbound travel of stranded citizens under Vande Bharat Mission. More than 15 lakh people have returned through various modes including more than 4.5 lakh on flights: Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri
4. Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday recorded 1,251 COVID-19 cases, its highest single-day spike in infections, pushing the tally to 42,241, while 15 fatalities on Saturday raised the death toll to 770, officials said.
5. Amid a rise in the number of coronavirus cases in Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday sought to assure people that there is no need to panic as the situation is completely under control.
6. 2,289 new COVID-19 cases and 22 deaths reported in Haryana on Saturday. Total number of cases now at 74,272, including 58,580 recoveries, 14,911 active cases and 781 deaths: State Health Department
7. 20,489 new COVID-19 positive cases, 10,801 discharges and 312 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Saturday. Total number of cases now at 8,83,862, including 6,36,574 discharges, 2,20,661 active cases and 26276 deaths: State Health Department
8. West Bengal reported 3,042 new COVID-19 cases and 58 deaths on Saturday, taking total cases to 1,74,659, including 1,50,801 discharges, 23,390 active cases and 3,510 deaths: State Health Department
9. 592 new COVID-19 cases and 534 recoveries reported in Goa on Saturday. Total number of cases now at 20,455 including, 4,945 active cases, 15,281 recoveries and 229 deaths: State Health Department
10. Andhra Pradesh reported 10,825 new COVID-19 cases and 71 deaths on Saturday. Total number of cases now at 4,87,331, including 1,00,880 active cases, 3,82,104 recoveries and 4347 deaths: State Health Department