India reported a single-day spike of 78,357 new COVID-19 positive cases and 1045 deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
The total confirmed cases in the country now stands at 37,69,524, including 8,01,282 active cases, 29,019,09 cured/discharged/migrated and 66,333 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. 84 deaths and 10,368 new coronavirus cases reported in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday. The total number of positive cases in the state is now at 4,45,139, including 1,01,210 active cases, 3,39,876 recovered cases and 4,053 deaths: State Government
2. Seven intra-state inter-city express special trains to be run in Bihar from 4th September to 15th September, to facilitate the transport of JEE, NEET and NDA aspirants: East Central Railway, Hajipur
3. Maharashtra’s COVID-19 case tally rises to 8,08,306 with 15,765 fresh cases reported today. The numbers of active and recovered cases in the state are now 1,98,523 and 5,84,537, respectively. Recovery rate in the state is 72.32%. Death toll 24,903: State Government
4. 9,058 new COVID-19 positive cases, 5159 discharges and 135 deaths reported in Karnataka on Tuesday. Total number of cases now at 3,51,481, including 2,54,626 discharges, 90,999 active cases and 5837 deaths: State Health Department
5. Delhi reported 2312 new COVID-19 cases, 1,050 discharges and 18 deaths on Tuesday. The total number of cases now at 1,77,060, including 1,56,728 recovered/discharged/migrated cases, 15870 active cases and 4462 deaths.
6. 2,943 new COVID-19 cases, 3,346 discharges and 55 deaths reported in West Bengal on Tuesday. Total number of COVID-19 cases stands at 1,65,721 in the state, including 24,822 active cases, 1,37,616 discharges & 3,283 deaths so far: State Health Department
7. 5,928 new COVID-19 cases, 6,031 discharges and 96 deaths reported in Tamil Nadu on Tuesday. Total number of cases now at 4,33,969, including 52,379 active cases, 3,74,172 discharges and 7,418 deaths: State Health Department
8. Kerala recorded 1,140 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, taking active cases to 22,512 and recoveries to 53,653: Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
9. 1,522 fresh positive cases reported in Punjab on Tuesday. The total number of positive cases in the state is now 55,508, including 15,849 active cases, 38,147 discharged patients and 1,512 deaths: Government of Punjab
10. 1,310 new COVID-19 positive cases and 14 deaths reported in Gujarat, on Tuesday. State tally surged to 97,745, including 15,796 active cases, 78,913 cured/discharged cases and 3,036 deaths: State Health Department