India’s COVID-19 case tally has crossed 32 lakh mark with 67,151 fresh cases and 1,059 deaths in the last 24 hours. The total number of COVID-19 cases in the country climbed to 32,34,475, including 7,07,267 active cases, 24,67,759 cured/discharged/migrated and 59,449 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
Here are the top 10 global developments this morning:
1. Irresponsible, less cautious people who are not wearing masks are driving the pandemic in India, Dr Balram Bhargava, DG, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) said on Tuesday.
2. 10,425 new COVID-19 cases and 329 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Tuesday. The total number of positive cases now stands at 7,03,823, including 5,14,790 recoveries and 1,65,921 active cases: State Health department
3. As far as Sputnik-5 vaccine (COVID-19 vaccine developed in Russia) is concerned, India and Russia are in communication. Some initial information has been shared: Rajesh Bhushan, Secretary, Union Health Ministry
4. Addressing media on COVID-19 on Tuesday, Bhushan also said, “Out of the total COVID-19 active cases in India, only 2.7% patients are on oxygen support, 1.92% patients are in ICU and 0.29% patients are on ventilator support.”
5. Delhi reported 1,544 new COVID-19 cases, 1,155 discharges/recoveries/migrated and 17 deaths on Tuesday. Total number of cases now at 1,64,071, including 1,47,743 recovered cases, 11,998 active cases and 4,330 deaths: Delhi Government
6. 485 new COVID-19 cases reported in Uttarakhand on Wednesday. Total number of cases in the state now at 16,014, including 11,201 recovered, 4,545 active and 213 deaths: State Health Department
7. 8,161 new COVID-19 positive cases, 6,814 discharges and 148 deaths reported in Karnataka on Tuesday. With this, total cases now at 2,91,826 including, 2,04,439 discharges, 82,410 active cases and 4,958 deaths: State Health Department
8. 9,927 new COVID-19 cases, 9,419 recoveries and 92 deaths reported in Andhra Pradesh today. Total number of cases rises to 3,71,639, including 2,78,247 recoveries and 3,460 deaths. 89,932 cases are active: State Health Department
9. Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh said, “In view of COVID-19, we have decided to extend the validity of driving licenses, registration certificates & permits which expired on 1st Feb this year or maybe expiring anytime before 30th Dec 2020. All these will now be valid till 31st Dec 2020.”
10. Tamil Nadu reported 5,951 new COVID-19 cases, 6,998 recoveries and 107 deaths, taking active cases to 52,128, recoveries to 3,32,454 and deaths to 6,721: State Health Department
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram