India reported 64,531 fresh COVID-19 cases and 1,092 deaths reported in the last 24 hours. The number of confirmed cases in the country climbed to 27,67,274, including 6,76,514 active cases, 20,37,871 discharged/migrated and 52,889 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Here are the top 10 developments this morning:
1. Niti Aayog member VK Paul on Tuesday said that three vaccines are being developed in India and are in different stages. He added that “one of them will enter phase 3 trial today or tomorrow. The other 2 are in phase 1 and 2 trials.”
2. The Election Commission of India on Tuesday said that it would come up with “broad” guidelines within three days for holding elections during the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. 11,119 new COVID-19 cases and 422 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Tuesday; 9,356 patients were discharged. The total cases in the state surged to 6,15,477, including 20,687 deaths, 4,37,870 recovered patients and 1,56,608 active cases: Public Health Department, Maharashtra
4. The number of patients who have recovered from the COVID-19 infection surpassed the 20 lakh mark in India on Tuesday.
5. Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday became the third state after Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu in the country to cross the three lakh mark in the overall number of coronavirus cases.
6. Delhi reported 1,374 new COVID-19 cases, 1,146 discharged/recovered/migrated cases and 12 deaths on Tuesday. Total number of cases now at 1,54,741, including 1,39,447
discharged/recovered/migrated cases, 11,068 active cases and 4,226 deaths: Delhi Government
7. 1,758 new COVID-19 cases, 1,365 recoveries and six deaths reported in Kerala on Tuesday. There are 16,274 active cases, 31,394 recovered cases and 175 deaths till date: Kerala Health Minister, KK Shailaja
8. The daily new cases of COVID-19 and deaths due to the disease have shown a declining trend from August 13, the Health Ministry said Tuesday but warned against any laxity.
9. West Bengal reported 3,175 new COVID-19 cases and 55 deaths on Tuesday. The total number of cases climbed to 1,22,753 and the death toll is at 2,528. There are 27,535 active cases: State Health Department
10. 497 new COVID-19 cases, 239 recoveries reported in Uttarakhand on Tuesday. Total positive cases in the state now stand at 12,961, including 8,724 recovered, 4,024 active cases and 164 deaths: Uttarakhand State Control Room COVID-19