India reported a spike of 57,982 new COVID-19 cases and 941 deaths reported in the last 24 hours. The COVID-19 tally in the country has now surged to 26,47,664, including 6,76,900 active cases, 19,19,843 discharged/migrated and 50,921 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Here are the top developments in India this morning:
1. 11,111 new COVID-19 positive cases, 8,837 discharges and 288 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Sunday. Total number of cases now at 5,95,865, including 1,58,395 active cases, 4,17,123 discharges and 20,037 deaths: Public Health Department, Maharashtra
2. 8,012 new COVID-19 cases, 10,117 recoveries and 88 deaths reported in Andhra Pradesh on Sunday. Total number of cases in the state now stands at 2,89,829, including 85,945 active cases, 2,01,234 recovered cases and 2,650 deaths: State Health Department
3. 1,530 new COVID-19 positive cases, 1,099 recoveries and 10 deaths reported in Kerala on Sunday. Number of active cases now at 15,310, so far 28,878 patients have recovered: Kerala Chief Minister’s Office (CMO)
4. 449 new COVID-19 cases reported from Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday; 100 from Jammu division and 349 from Kashmir division, taking the total number of cases in the Union Territory to 28,470. The death toll now surged to 542 after 15 deaths: Govt of J&K
5. Delhi reported 652 new COVID-19 positive cases, 1,310 discharges/recoveries and 8 deaths on Sunday. Total number of cases now at 1,52,580, including 1,37,561
recovered/discharged/migrated cases, 10823 active cases and 4196 deaths.
6. 5,950 new COVID-19 positive cases, 6,019 discharges and 125 deaths reported in Tamil Nadu on Sunday. Total number of cases rise to 3,38,055, including 54,019 active cases, 2,78,270 discharges and 5,766 deaths: State Health Department
7. 235 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Uttarakhand on Sunday, taking the total number of cases to 12,175. The death toll is at 152: State Control Room COVID-19
8. 7,040 new COVID-19 positive cases (including 2131 cases from Bengaluru Urban), 6680 discharges and 124 deaths reported in Karnataka on Sunday. Total number of cases rise to 2,26,966, including 81,512 active cases, 141491 discharges and 3947 deaths: State Health Department.
9. 3,066 new COVID-19 positive cases, 2,935 discharges and 51 deaths reported in West Bengal on Sunday. Total number of cases rise to 1,16,498, including, 86,771 discharges, 27,299 active cases and 2,428 deaths: State Health Department
10. 300 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Goa on Sunday, taking the total number of cases to 11,693, including 3,760 active cases, 7,775 recoveries and 104 deaths: Directorate of Health Services, Goa