India reported 48,513 fresh cases and 768 deaths in the last 24 hours. According to the Health Ministry Wednesday morning update, total confirmed cases in the country now crossed 15 lakh and climbed to 15,31,669.
There are now 5,09,447 active cases and 9,88,029 people have cured/discharged. The death toll now stands at 34,193.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. The West Bengal government on Tuesday announced the extension of the biweekly lockdown till August 31.
2. France on Tuesday handed over to India ventilators, test kits and other medical equipment as part of its assistance in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. 1,056 COVID-19 cases, 1,135 recovered/discharged, and 28 deaths reported in Delhi on Tuesday. Total number of cases in the national capital is now at 1,32,275, including 1,17,507 recovered/discharged, 10,887 active cases, & 3,881 deaths: Health Department
4. “Following PM Modi’s mantra of Aatmanirbhar Bharat, in a decision to promote Make in India and industrial growth, govt permits export of 4 cr 2/3 Ply surgical masks and 20 lakh medical goggles every month, along with restriction-free export of face shields,” Union Minister Piyush Goyal confirmed tweeted on Wednesday.
Following PM @NarendraModi ji’s mantra of Aatmanirbhar Bharat, in a momentous decision to promote Make in India & Industrial growth, Govt. permits export of 4 crore 2/3 Ply Surgical Masks & 20 lakh Medical Goggles every month, along with restriction-free export of Face Shields. pic.twitter.com/BRuuTtcj8F
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) July 28, 2020
5. Karnataka reported 5,536 new COVID-19 cases and 102 deaths. The total number of cases in the state stands at 1,07,001 including 64,434 active cases and 2,055 deaths: State Health Department
6. Kerala’s COVID-19 case tally rises to 20,896 with 1,167 new cases and four new deaths reported on Tuesday. There are 10,091 active cases till today while 679 people recovered today: Kerala Government
7. 3,490 new infections reported in Uttar Pradesh in the last 24 hours. The numbers of active cases and discharged patients are 27,934 and 44,520 respectively. Total death is toll is 1497: State Health Department
8. 7,717 fresh COVID-19 cases, 10,333 discharges and 282 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Tuesday. Total number of positive cases is now 3,91,440, including 2,32,277 discharged, 14,165 deaths and 1,44,694 active cases. Recovery rate is 59.34%: State Health Department
9. 1,371 new COVID-19 cases detected in Assam out of 22,876 tests done on Tuesday. Positivity rate continues to be low at 5.9%. Total cases at 34,947, including 25,042 discharged, 9,454 active cases & 88 deaths: Himanta Biswa Sarma, State Health Minister
10. Uttarakhand’s COVID tally cases surged to 6587 with 259 new infections reported on Tuesday. The numbers of active and recovered cases are 2,759 and 3,720 respectively: State Health Department