India reported 48,661 cases and 705 deaths in the last 24 hours. According to the Health Ministry Sunday morning update, total confirmed cases in the country now climbed to 13,85,522.
There are now 4,67,882 active cases and 8,85,577 people have cured/discharged. The death toll now stands at 32,063.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Maharashtra reported 9,251 new COVID-19 cases and 257 deaths on Saturday. The total number of cases in the state reached 3,66,368, including 1,45,481 active cases and 2,07,194 discharged cases: State Health Department
2. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan tested positive for the novel coronavirus on Saturday. He has been admitted to the Chirayu Hospital in state capital Bhopal.
3. In the last 24 hrs, 4,42,031 samples were tested. For the first time, Government labs set a new record of testing 3,62,153 samples. Pvt labs also scaled a new high of 79,878 samples tested in a single day: Health Ministry
4. Tamil Nadu reported 6,988 new COVID-19 cases and 89 deaths on Saturday. The total number of positive cases in the state stands at 2,06,737, including 1,51,055 recoveries and 3,409 deaths. There are 52,273 active cases as of today: State Health Department
5. 1,142 COVID-19 positive cases, 2,137 patients recovered/discharged/migrated and 29 deaths in Delhi on Saturday. There are 12,657 active cases. Total 1,13,068 patients have recovered/discharged/migrated, the death toll stands at 3,806: Government of Delhi
6. Karnataka reported 5,072 new COVID-19 positive cases and 72 deaths on Saturday. The total number of cases in the state stands at 90,942, including 55,388 active cases and 1,796 deaths: State Government
7. 2,404 new COVID-19 cases and 42 deaths reported in West Bengal on Saturday. The total number of cases now stands at 56,377 in the state, including 19,391 active cases, 35,654 discharged cases and 1,332 deaths: State Health Department.
8. 1,103 new COVID19 positive cases and three deaths have been reported in Kerala today. There are 9,420 active cases in the state now. The death toll stands at 60: Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday
9. Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has announced that government schools in the state will not charge any admission, re-admission and tuition fee from students for the 2020-21 academic session on account of the COVID crisis: Government of Punjab
10. 523 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday; 156 from Jammu division and 367 from Kashmir division. The total number of cases stands at 17,305 including 7,483 actives cases, 9,517 recoveries and 305 deaths: Government of J&K