India reported the highest single-day spike of 49,310 cases and 740 deaths in the last 24 hours. According to the Health Ministry Friday morning update, total confirmed cases in the country now climbed to 12,87,945.
There are now 4,40,135 active cases and 8,17,209 people have cured/migrated. The death toll now stands at 30,601.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. 1,041 new COVID-19 positive cases, 1,415 recoveries and 26 deaths reported in Delhi on Thursday. So far, 1,27,364 total positive cases, 1,09,065 recovered/discharged/migrated and 3,745 deaths reported in the national capital: Government of Delhi
2. 9895 new COVID-19 positive cases and 298 deaths have been reported in Maharashtra on Thursday. Total number of positive cases now stand at 3,47,502, including 1,36,980 active cases, 1,94,253 discharged cases and 12,854 deaths: State Health Department
3. Karnataka reported 5,030 new COVID-19 positive cases of which 2,207 cases are from Bengaluru Urban. Total number of cases now at 80863 and death toll rises to 1,616 after 97 deaths were reported o Thursday: State Health Department
4. Goa records 174 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, taking the total number of cases in the State to 4,350 out of which 1,666 cases are active and 2,655 have recovered. The death toll stands at 29: State Health Department
5. 1078 new COVID-19 positive cases and five deaths have been reported in Kerala today. The number of active cases stands at 9,468, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said on Thursday.
6. West Bengal’s COVID-19 infection tally has crossed the 50,000-mark on July 23 with a record number of 2,436 new cases.
7. The Shimla administration on Thursday said that not wearing a mask or wearing one improperly in public places in the district will now attract a fine of Rs 1,000.
8. 886 new COVID-19 positive cases and 11 deaths have been reported in Rajasthan reported till 8.30 pm on Thursday. Total number of cases stands at 33,220, including 8,811 active cases and 594 deaths: State Health Department
9. India and Israel have come together to develop rapid testing for COVID-19 in under 30 seconds. Israel will soon send a high-level research team to India to conduct a series of “final stages of testing”.
10. 441 new COVID-19 positive cases and eight deaths have been reported in Punjab on Thursday. Total number of cases now stands at 11,739, including 3,721 active cases, 7,741 discharged cases and 277 deaths: Punjab Government