India reported 37,724 new COVID-19 cases and 648 deaths in the last 24 hours. According to the Health Ministry Wednesday morning update, total confirmed cases in the country now climbed to 11,92,915.
There are now 4,11,133 active cases and 7,53,050 people have cured/migrated. The death toll now stands at 28,732.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday cancelled this year’s Amarnath Yatra in wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
2. Delhi’s sero-prevalence study has found that 23.48% of the people have been affected by COVID-19 in the city, the Union Health Ministry said on Tuesday.
3. 1349 COVID-19 positive cases, 1200 recovered/discharged/migrated and 27 deaths reported in Delhi in the last 24 hours. The total number of positive cases in the national capital rises to 1,25,096 including 1,06,118 recovered/discharged/migrated & 3690 deaths: Government of Delhi
4. Government has amended export policy of PPEs/masks; export of medical coveralls of all categories (except surgical drapes, isolation aprons, surgical wraps & X-ray gowns), medical goggles, all masks other than non-medical/non-surgical masks, medical nitrile/NBR gloves & face shields remain banned.
5. IPL 2020, that was postponed due to coronavirus, will now be held in the UAE. We have applied for the government’s permission. We will discuss the further course of action in IPL General Council: Brijesh Patel, IPL Chairman
6. 8,369 new COVID-19 cases and 246 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Tuesday. The total number of positive cases in the state stands at 3,27,031, including 1,82,217 recoveries and 1,32,236 active cases: State Health Department
7. Karnataka reports 3,649 new COVID-19 cases and 61 deaths on Tuesday. Total positive cases in the state stand at 71,069 and the death toll is at 1,464. There are 44,140 active cases: State Health Department
8. 1026 COVID-19 positive cases and 34 deaths reported in Gujarat on Tuesday. The total number of cases in the state has risen to 50,465, including 11,861 active cases, 36,403 cured/discharged and 2,201 deaths: State Health Department
9. Goa recorded 174 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, taking total cases to 4,027 out of which 1,552 cases are active and 2449 have recovered. A total of 26 patients have died due to the disease in the state till date: State Health Department
10. West Bengal recorded 2,261 new COVID-19 positive cases and 35 deaths today. Total number of cases rise to 47,030, including 17,813 active cases, 28,035 discharged cases and 1,182 deaths: State Health Department