India reported 379 deaths and the highest single-day spike of 20,903 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of people infected with coronavirus to 6,25,544. The death toll now stands at 18,213.
According to the Health Ministry Friday morning update, there are now 2,27,439 active cases and 3,79,892 people have cured/discharged/migrated.
Here are the top 10 developments this morning:
1. ICMR DG Balram Bhargava has written a letter to Bharat Biotech and principal investigators of medical colleges to complete the trial procedure of indigenous COVID-19 vaccine in a fast track method, so that results of a clinical trial can be launched by August 15.
2. 2,373 COVID-19 cases, 3,015 discharged and 61 deaths reported in Delhi on Thursday. Total number of cases in the national capital is now at 92,175, including 63,007 recovered/discharged/migrated, 26,304 active cases and 2864 deaths: Delhi Health Department
3. Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday emphasised on carrying out more test for coronavirus using Rapid Antigen Kits and suggested that focus should be on reducing death rate by ensuring early hospitalisation of patients.
4. Union Culture Minister Prahlad Patel Thursday said that all the monuments protected by Archeological Survey of India (ASI) will be reopened for the public from July 6.
5. 6,330 COVID-19 cases, 8,018 discharged and 125 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Thursday. Total number of cases in the state is now at 1,86,626, including 1,01,172 discharged & 8,178 deaths: State Health Department
6. Goa reported 95 new COVID-19 positive cases on Thursday, taking the case tally in the state to 1,482, including 744 active cases, 734 recovered and 4 deaths: Goa Health Department
7. 154 new cases-20 from Jammu and 134 from Kashmir reported on Thursday, taking the total number of positive cases in the union territory to 7849: Govt of Jammu and Kashmir
8. Union Health Ministry released revised guidelines for home isolation of very mild/pre-symptomatic/asymptomatic COVID-19 cases.
9. 245 COVID19 cases, 160 discharged and eight deaths reported in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday. Total number of cases in the state is now at 14,106, including 10,815 discharged, 2,702 active cases and 589 deaths: State Health Department
10. 649 COVID-19 cases, 509 discharged and 16 deaths reported in West Bengal in the last 24 hours. Total number of cases in the state is now at 19,819, including 13,037 discharged, 6,083 active cases & 699 deaths: State Health Department
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram