India reported 379 deaths and the highest single-day spike of 20,903 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of people infected with coronavirus to 6,25,544. The death toll now stands at 18,213.
According to the Health Ministry Friday morning update, there are now 2,27,439 active cases and 3,79,892 people have cured/discharged/migrated.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday:
1. Delhi reported 2,520 new COVID-19 cases and 59 deaths today. Total number of cases rise to 94,695, including 26,148 active cases, 65,624 recovered/discharged/migrated cases and 2,923 deaths: Delhi Government
2. The JEE and NEET examinations have been postponed and will now be held in September. The JEE Main examination will be held between September 1 to 6, JEE advanced exam on September 27, and NEET examination on September 13.
3. 6,364 COVID-19 cases and 198 deaths reported in Maharashtra today. Total number of cases in the state is now at 1,92,990 including 1,04,687 discharged, 79,911 active cases and 8,376 deaths: State Health Department
4. The aviation regulator DGCA said on Friday it was extending the suspension of scheduled international passenger flights in the country till July 31 but added that some international scheduled services on selected routes may be permitted on a case to case basis.
5. 64 deaths and 4329 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Tamil Nadu today, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 1,02,721. The death toll stands at 1,385: Tamil Nadu Health Department
6. 1,694 new COVID19 cases and 21 deaths reported in Karnataka today, taking the total number of cases to 19,710 and death toll to 293. Number of active cases stands at 10,608: State Health Department
7. Goa reported 94 new COVID-19 positive cases today, taking the case tally in the state to 1576 including, 800 active cases, 772 recovered and 4 deaths: Goa Health Department
8. 211 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Kerala today. The total number of positive cases stands at 4964, including 2098 active cases. There are 130 COVID-19 hotspots in the state: State Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
9. 170 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Jammu and Kashmir today, 42 from Jammu division and 128 from Kashmir division. Total number of cases stands at 8,019, including 2,825 actives cases, 5,075 recoveries and 119 deaths: Government of J&K
10. In the last 24 hours, 519 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Bihar taking the total number of cases in the state to 10,911, including 8,211 discharged and 2,615 active cases: State health department