Amidst the ongoing coronavirus crisis in the country, people began visiting malls in Haryana on July 01.
Following Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) issued by centre malls in Gurugram and Faridabad districts opened their doors. RS Phogat, security officer of the MGF Metropolitan mall in Gurugram said, “We’re ensuring social distancing in the mall. Those above 65 years of age and below 10 years of age are not allowed.”
Coronavirus guidelines for shopping malls:
- Entrance to have mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions. Only asymptomatic customers/visitors shall be allowed.
- All workers/customers/visitors to be allowed entry only if using face cover/masks. The face cover/masks have to be worn at all times inside the shopping mall.
- Posters/standees/AV media on preventive measures about COVID-19 to be displayed prominently.
- Staggering of visitors to be done, if possible.
- Adequate manpower shall be deployed by Mall Management for ensuring social distancing norms. Proper crowd management in the parking lots and outside the premises – duly following social distancing norms shall be ensured.
- All employees who are at higher risk i.e. older employees, pregnant employees, and employees who have underlying medical conditions, to take extra precautions. They should preferably not be exposed to any front-line work requiring direct contact with the public. Shopping Mall management to facilitate work from home wherever feasible.
- Valet parking, if available, shall be operational with operating staff wearing face covers/ masks and gloves as appropriate. Proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
- Any shops, stalls, cafeteria, etc., outside and within the premises shall follow social distancing norms at all times.
- Specific markings may be made with sufficient distance to manage the queue and ensure social distancing in the premises.
- Preferably separate entry and exits for visitors, workers and goods/supplies shall be organized.
- The staff for home deliveries shall be screened thermally by the shopping mall authorities prior to allowing home deliveries.Required precautions while handling supplies, inventories and goods in the shopping mall shall be ensured. Proper queue management and disinfection shall be organized.
- Maintaining physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet, when queuing up for entry and inside the shopping mall as far as feasible.
- The number of customers inside the shop to be kept at a minimum, so as to maintain the physical distancing norms. Seating arrangement, if any, to be made in such a way that adequate social distancing is maintained.
- The number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining social distancing norms. The use of escalators with one person on alternate steps may be encouraged.
- For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWD shall be followed which inter alia emphasises that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30oC, relative humidity should be in the range of 40-70%, intake of fresh air should be as much as possible and cross ventilation should be adequate.
- Large gatherings/congregations continue to remain prohibited.
- Effective and frequent sanitation within the premises shall be maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking, and handwashing stations/areas. Deep cleaning of all washrooms shall be ensured at regular intervals.
- Cleaning and regular disinfection (using 1% sodium hypochlorite) of frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, elevator buttons, handrails, benches, washroom fixtures, etc.) to be made mandatory in all malls in common areas as well as inside shops, elevators, escalators, etc.
- Proper disposal of face covers/masks/gloves leftover by visitors and/or employees should be ensured.
In the food-courts:
- a. Adequate crowd and queue management to be ensured to ensure social distancing norms.
- b. In food courts and restaurants, not more than 50% of the seating capacity to be permitted.
- c. Food court staff/waiters should wear masks and hand gloves and take other required precautionary measures.
- d. The seating arrangement should ensure adequate social distancing between patrons as far as feasible.
- e. Contactless mode of ordering and digital mode of payment (using e-wallets) to be encouraged.
- f. Tables to be sanitized each time the customer leaves.
- g. In the kitchen, the staff should follow social distancing norms at the workplace.
Gaming Arcades shall remain closed.
Children’s Play Areas shall remain closed.
Cinema halls inside shopping malls shall remain closed.