Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday that Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana will continue till November end which allows 80 crore people to get free grains, and the extension will cost over Rs 90,000 crore.
“Under PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, the government will provide free ration to 80 crore poor brothers-sisters for next five months. Every member of the family will get 5 kg of wheat or rice. Also, every family will get one kilogram whole chana per month, free of cost,” PM Modi said.
PM Modi also said negligence in social and personal behaviour seen during Unlock1 was cause for concern at a time it was even more critical to take precautions against coronavirus.
Main points from this address:
– Under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, we announced a package of Rs. 1.75 lakh crore. In the last 3 months, Rs. 31,000 crore deposited in bank accounts of 20 crore poor families. Also, Rs. 18000 crore deposited in bank accounts of more than 9 crore farmers: PM
– Today, if the government is able to provide free food grains to the poor & the needy, the credit goes to two sections. First, the hardworking farmers of our country and second, the honest taxpayers. I thank you from my heart: PM Modi
– During the lockdown, rules were strictly abided by. Now, governments, local administration and citizens again have to show similar caution. We need to have a special focus on containment zones. If you see someone flouting norms, tell them to not do so: PM Modi
– Ever since Unlock 1 started in the country, negligence in personal and social behaviour has been increasing. Earlier, we were more cautious about the use of masks, ‘do gaj doori’ and washing hands several times a day for 20 seconds: PM Modi
– In comparison to other countries across the globe, India is still in a very stable situation, in the battle against COVID-19. Timely decisions and measures have played a great role: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
– We are entering Unlock 2 and the season of cough, fever and cold is also about to start. In such a situation, I urge countrymen to take care of themselves: PM Modi