With the highest single-day spike of 16,922 cases in the last 24 hours, India’s COVID-19 count reached 4,73,105 on Wednesday.
1. The country also saw 418 deaths in the last 24 hours, which pushed its death toll to 14,894, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said.
2. At present, out of the total, 1,86,514 are active cases in the country and 2,71,697 people have been cured/discharged/migrated.
3. With 1,42,900 confirmed cases of COVID-19 so far, Maharashtra remains the worst-affected state in the country, followed by Delhi (70,390) and Tamil Nadu (67,468).
4. 75,60,782 samples tested till 24th June. 2,07,871 samples tested in the last 24 hours: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
5. Karnataka: S. Suresh Kumar, Primary Education Minister visited a School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) examination centre in Bengaluru today. The SSLC exams have commenced from today; about 8,48,203 students are appearing for the exams.
6. 76 fresh COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Rajasthan till 10:30 am. The total number of cases stands at 16,085 including 12,646 recovered cases, 3,064 active cases and 375 deaths: State Health Department.
7. 210 new COVID-19 positive cases reported in Odisha, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 5,962, of which 1,815 are active cases and 4,123 have recovered: Odisha Health Department.
8. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has said it will implement the ‘Dharavi model’ in six northern suburbs of Mumbai where COVID-19 cases have been on the rise.
9. One wing of Kumar Krupa Guest House in Bengaluru, with 100 rooms having all facilities, is reserved to work as Covid Care Center for management of Ministers, MPs, Legislative Assembly and Council, Senior government officers of above secretary rank for clinical management: Karnataka Health Department