India has seen some major marks related to COVID-19 being breached on Friday. With the total tally nearing the 3 lakh mark as the biggest single-day spike breached the 10,000 mark, India now ranks 4th globally among the worst-hit nations.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday-
1. India witnessed its biggest ever single day spike of 10,956 new infections as well as the highest number of deaths – 396- in 24 hours. The case tally now stands at 2,97,535 while the death toll stands at 8,498, as per the Ministry of Health on Friday morning.
2. On a more positive note, over 1.4 lakh people have been cured in India and according to the Health Ministry, India’s recovery rate stood at 49.47% on Friday morning.
3. The total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Maharashtra crossed 1 lakh as it now stands at 1,01,141 after 3493 positive cases were reported today. Total death toll stands at 3717 out of which 127 were reported today.
4. 1372 new COVID-19 positive cases, 90 deaths, 943 discharge in Mumbai today. Total number of positive cases now stands at 55,357, including 2042 deaths and 25,152 recovered and discharged.
5. Delhi recorded the highest single-day spike after 2,137 COVID-19 positive cases were reported today. 71 deaths and 667 recovered/migrated/discharged today. Total number of positive cases stands at 36,824, including 1,214 deaths and 13,398 recovered/migrated/discharged.
6. With the spike of 366 new COVID-19 positive cases, the total number of positive cases in Haryana rise to 6334.
7. An Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) of Delhi Police succumbed to COVID-19 on Friday.
8. MHA permitted certain categories of foreigners including Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders to enter India which includes-minors who hold OCI cards and whose parents are Indian nationals, OCI cardholders who wish to come to India on account of family medical emergencies/death.
MHA permitted certain categories of foreigners incl OCI cardholders to enter India which includes-married couples where one spouse is OCI cardholder and other is Indian national. Students who are OCI cardholders where at least one of their parents is Indian citizen/OCI cardholder.
9. Tamil Nadu witnesses highest single-day spike in COVID-19 cases, count crosses 40,000-mark.
With 1,982 positive cases, the total number of people infected with the virus in the state now stands at 40,698.
The death toll now stands at 367 with 18 fatalities today.
10. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued guidelines for offices, stating that the entire office building need not be closed or halt work in other areas if one or two coronavirus cases are reported and work can be resumed after disinfection.
The ministry said that only asymptomatic staff/visitors shall be allowed with face masks and cleaning and regular disinfection should be carried out in offices.
For constant update son COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!