India saw yet another highest spike in the number of new coronavirus cases, as the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare reported 9971 new cases and 287 deaths in the last 24 hours.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. India saw yet another highest spike in the number of new coronavirus cases, as the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare reported 9971 new cases and 287 deaths in the last 24 hours.
2. The total number of cases in the country is now at 2,46,628, including 1,20,406 active cases, 1,19,293 cured/discharged/migrated patients and 6,929 deaths.
3. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has conducted 1,42,069 new samples in the past 24 hours. A total of 44,66,386 samples have been conducted till now.
4. Mumbai, which has been the epicenter of the country, reported 1,274 new cases and 57 deaths reported in the past 24 hours. The total number of cases has increased to 47,128 and death toll now stands at 1,575, according to the Greater Mumbai Municipal Corporation.
— ANI (@ANI) June 6, 2020
5. Delhi, another badly-hit city, reported an increase on 1,320 cases, taking total number of cases to 27,654 out of which 16,229 cases are active. A total of 761 people have succumbed to the virus so far. No death has been reported in the last 24 hours, reported Delhi Health Department.
6. Rajasthan reported 253 new cases and 13 deaths, taking the total number of cases to 10,337 and death toll to 231. Number of active cases stands at 2,605.
7. Haryana’s total number of cases rose to 3,952, with an increase of 355 cases. A total of 24 people have lost their battle against the virus.
8. Madhya Pradesh recorded 232 new cases and 15 deaths in the past 24 hours, taking total number of cases to 9,228 and death toll to 399. There are a total of 2,721 active cases in the state.
9. Uttar Pradesh, too, saw a rise in the number of cases as the state government reported 382 fresh cases of and 11 deaths in last 24 hours, taking total number of cases to 10,103 and death toll to 268. Number of active cases stands at 3,927.
10. Assam saw an increase of 230 cases last night, taking the total number of cases to 2,473, including 588 discharged and 4 deaths, according to Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.