India witnessed its biggest-ever spike in both COVID-19 cases and deaths on Friday. There have been a slew of developments in the country related to and because of COVID-19.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday-
1. India reported 9,851 new COVID-19 cases, 273 deaths in the last 24 hours. This has been the highest spike in both the number of cases as well as deaths.
Total number of cases in the country now stands at 2,26,770. Death toll at 6,348.
2. Over 1.09 lakh people have been cured from the deadly virus in India. The country’s recovery rate stands at 48.27%.
3. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) announced its revised exam schedule. The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be held on October 4 as per the revised schedule. While the Civil Services (Mains) examination which will be held over a period of five days will begin from January 8.
4. Maharashtra recorded 139 deaths today, the highest number of deaths due to COVID-19 in a single day.
2,436 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in the state today. Total cases in the state are now at 80,229, including 2,849 deaths. On a positive note, 35,156 patients have recovered.
5. Mumbai reports 1,150 new COVID-19 positive cases and 53 deaths. The total number of positive cases in Mumbai has reached 45,854; death toll stands at 1,518.
6. Delhi reports 1330 new COVID-19 positive cases taking the total number of positive cases to 26,334. The death toll stands at 708. There are 15,311 active cases
7. Delhi govt received over 7.5 lakh suggestions from people on whether city’s borders should be reopened and health services of hospitals be restricted to treatment of only Delhiites owing to COVID-19 crisis.
8. 316 COVID-19 cases reported in Haryana today. Total number of cases in the state is now at 3,597, including 1,209 recovered/discharged and 24 deaths.
9. Rajasthan reports 222 new COVID-19 positive cases till 8:30 pm today, taking the total number of cases to 10,084. Number of active cases stand at 2507.
10. Karnataka registers its highest single-day spike of 515 COVID-19 cases, taking total number of infections in state to 4,835.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!