India reported its highest ever single-day spike of 8,392 fresh cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of infections to 1,90,535 cases on Monday. The death toll has increased to 5,394 as 230 deaths were recorded in the last one day.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Monday:
1. Maharashtra’s COVID19 case count rose to 70,013 with 76 deaths and 2,361 new cases reported on Monday. The total death toll now stands at 2362: State Health Department
2. Delhi’s COVID19 case count rose to 20,834, with 990 new cases in the last 24 hrs, while the total death toll reached 523: Delhi Health Department
3. The Union Cabinet on Monday approved an infusion of Rs 20,000 crore into the MSMEs besides announcing a slew of measures to help alleviate the distress in the farm sector.
4. With over 1.90 lakh cases, India climbed to the 7th spot from the 9th on 10 countries worst-hit by Covid-19. The death toll stands at 5,394.
5. With reportedly 40 per cent of the Shramik Special trains running late by eight hours on an average, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has instructed the zones to ensure a punctual operation of these trains, news agency PTI reported.
6. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Monday asked the airlines to allot seats in flights in a manner that the middle seats are left vacant to the extent possible, news agency PTI reported.
7. “More flights being added to Mission Vande Bharat to enable stranded & distressed Indians to return home. Air India will operate 70 flights to destinations in USA & Canada under Phase 3 of the Mission from 11-30 June 2020,” Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Puri tweeted.
8. In order to provide relief to farmers, the minimum support prices (MSP) for 14 Kharif crops will be increased by 50- 83%, Union Minister Narendra Tomar said, adding that farmers will get more time to repay their loans.
9. 38 new COVID-19 positive cases reported today, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 2,301, including 257 active cases and 2,000 recovered: Punjab Health Department
10. 11 deaths and 1162 COVID19 positive cases reported today, taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 23,495: Tamil Nadu Health Department