India records its biggest spike of 8,380 new coronavirus cases and 193 deaths in the past 24 hours.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Highest spike of 8,380 new coronavirus cases and 193 deaths have been reported in the past 24 hours. The total number of cases in the country now at 183,143 including 89,995 active cases, 86,984 cured/discharged/migrated and 5,164 deaths, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said.
2. Meanwhile, the recovery rate in India stands at 47.75 per cent as 86,984 people have been cured and discharged from hospitals, said the Union Health Ministry.
3. Maharashtra continues to be the worst-state in India with over 65,000 cases and nearly 2,200 fatalities.
4. Tamil Nadu is on second place with over 21,000 cases and 160 deaths.
5. Delhi is at the third spot with more than 18,500 cases and over 400 deaths.
6. Gujarat is at the fourth spot with over 16,000 cases and more than 1,000 coronavirus cases.
7. The Tamil Nadu government on Sunday extended the statewide lockdown till June 30. However, given the situation, the state government has allowed public transport to resume with 50 per cent fleet and 60 per cent capacity. Public transport will be resumed within districts except Chennai, Kanchipuram, Thiruvallur, and Chengalpattu.
8. Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur will announce the lockdown guidelines on Sunday. The holidays in schools have been extended until June 15. According to the inputs, the night curfew in the state is likely to be extended till June 30 with more relaxations in place. Bus services will resume from June 1.
9. While announcing the extension of the lockdown in containment zones across the country, the Union Home Ministry said temples, mosques, churches and other religious places will be allowed to reopen from June 8 in a phased manner.
Shopping malls and restaurants will also be allowed to reopen in a phased manner. A decision on the reopening of schools and colleges will be taken in July in consultation with the states.
10. A Delhi Police personnel posted in Crime Branch, who had tested positive for COVID19, passed away yesterday, according to DCP Central Sanjay Bhatia, reports ANI.