With the Ministry of Home Affairs laying down fresh guidelines from ‘Unlock 1’ even as India witnessed its sharpest ever rise with nearly 8,000 new cases reported in 24 hours, the country witnessed a host of developments today.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Saturday-
1. India witnessed its biggest ever single-day spike with 7,964 new COVID-19 cases and 265 deaths. The total number of cases now stands at 1,73,763 while the death toll closed up on the 5000-mark with 4,971 deaths.
2. The Government issued new guidelines for phased re-opening of all activities outside containment zones for the next one month.
Lockdown is extended in containment zones till June 30, meanwhile the prohibited activities outside those zones will resume in a phased manner.
3. In light of the guidelines issued by the government, Metro services will remain closed for commuters until further notice: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
4. Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh announced a 4-week extension in the lockdown in Punjab, till June 30, with certain more relaxations, subject to the guidelines of the central government.
5. West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh extended their lockdowns till June 15.
6. 2940 new COVID-19 positive cases and 99 deaths have been reported in Maharashtra today, taking the total number of cases to 65,168. The death toll stands at 2197.
7. 1163 new COVID-19 positive cases and 18 new death cases reported in Delhi today. Total number of cases in the state stands at 18,549, while death toll now stands at 416.
8. An Air India flight (AI-1945) going to Moscow from Delhi under Vande Bharat Mission had to return mid-way on Saturday, after one of its pilots tested positive for the coronavirus infection.
9. 412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Gujarat, 621 discharged, 27 deaths reported. Total 2,05,780 tests carried out so far.
10. ICMR advises states to conduct sero-survey to measure Coronavirus exposure in the population using IgG ELISA Test.
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) May 30, 2020
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!