India witnessed its biggest-ever spike of over 7400 cases on Friday as the total number of cases now stands at over 1.6 lakh.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday morning-
1. India witnessed the sharpest spike in COVID-19 cases as it reported 7,466 new cases in the last 24 hours. There were 175 fresh deaths reported.
2. The total number of cases in the country is now at 1,65,799.
– Active cases: 89,987
– Cured/discharged/migrated: 71,105
– Death toll: 4,706
3. Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel reiterated in talks held with HM Amit Shah where he sought views from CMs on lockdown,that borders of state shouldn’t be opened, requested to consider views of CMs on train/flight service and ease borrowing condition for states under economic package.
4. People in large numbers gather at Delhi-Gurugram border after Haryana Govt yesterday sealed borders with the national capital in wake of increasing number of COVID-19 cases.
#Delhi: People in large numbers gather at Delhi-Gurugram border after #Haryana Govt yesterday sealed borders with the national capital in wake of increasing number of #COVID19 cases. https://t.co/SSwIVnUJW7 pic.twitter.com/c8C8XiQjtT
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) May 29, 2020
ALSO READ: Haryana’s border with Delhi to remain sealed for now, says Anil…
5. Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said that it is not possible to host the National Games 2020 in October in the state due to COVID-19.
“It is not possible to host the National Games 2020 in October due to COVID-19. Games which are scheduled to be held in October this year would have to be postponed indefinitely The state government would communicate to the Union Sports Ministry to convey to the Indian Olympic Association about Goa’s unwillingness to host the event later this year and to postpone the event in light of the viral pandemic,” Sawant told ANI.
6. A seventh standard student, Sai Suresh Rangdal, has designed a robot in Aurangabad for contactless delivery of medicine and food to patients.
He says, “The robot is operated by battery&can be controlled by a smartphone. It can carry items weighing up to 1 kg”.
The aim behind designing this robot is to reduce physical contact of medical staff with coronavirus patients & hence reducing their change of contracting COVID-19: Sai Suresh Rangdal, the student who designed the robot (28.5.2020) https://t.co/HsPS9hCkUv
— ANI (@ANI) May 29, 2020
7. With 9 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Himachal Pradesh- five from Hamirpur and 4 from Kangra districts- total positive cases in the state rises to 290 including 208 active cases
8. Migrant workers hold a protest at Bypass road in Amritsar, Punjab. A migrant, Pulkit says, “Yesterday, our health screening was done. We boarded a bus also, but were told that our train has been cancelled. We are forced to stay on road now. We request Government to send us home”.
9. A 65-year-old person who had tested positive for COVID-19 passed away at around 2 am today, in Kerala. He had returned from Sharjah on May 11.
10. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has sought cooperation from Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on the singing of ‘Bande Utkal Janani’, a patriotic Odia song, on May 30 to boost the morale of states’s COVID warriors.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!