Total 3,840 Shramik Special trains have run till date carrying around 52 lakh passengers, Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman, Railway Board announced on Friday.
Addressing a media briefing he said in the past week, more than 20 lakh passengers have been taken to their home states by the Shramik Special trains.
Key takeaways from the presser:
– State governments provided food and water at starting stations, and railways, NGOs providing food during the journey: Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman, Railway Board
– Nearly 80% of passengers in Shramik Special trains have gone to Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, informed Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman, Railway Board.
– The stranded migrant workers should be patient, trains will be arranged at the earliest as per demands raised by the States:
– The requirement of Shramik Special trains has reduced; we have demand for 492 more trains from states: Chairman Rly Board
– Almost 3 lakh migrants ferried on a daily basis as of now. Railways is ready to facilitate migrants, trains to be scheduled as soon as it receives requests from originating states: Railway Board Chairman Vinod Yadav.
– 12 lakh migrant workers of Railways are ensuring the movement of trains.
– Only 4 trains out of 3,840 total trains have taken over 72 hours to reach their destination, 90% of trains have been run with an average speed higher than normal mail express trains
Only 4 trains out of 3,840 total trains have taken over 72 hours to reach their destination, 90% trains have been run with an average speed higher than normal mail express trains: Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman, Railway Board@RailMinIndia pic.twitter.com/e7RNmVO5dF
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) May 29, 2020
– From 20-24 May, 71 trains were diverted because of high demand for trains to UP, Bihar (90%): Railway Board Chairman
– Only 1.8% trains were diverted between May 20-24 due to high requirement from state governments and networks being jammed
– Persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, children below the age of 10 years and persons above 65 years of age may avoid travel by rail, except when it is essential.
– We have told all state governments that Railways is ready to promptly run Shramik Specials as per their demand.
– We will schedule the trains on the same day as we get demand from originating state and we will run the train on the next day itself: Chairman, Railway Board