With India witnessing its biggest-ever spike for the third consecutive day and the decision on domestic flights being taken by the Aviation Ministry, the country has witnessed a slew of developments today.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Sunday-
1. With 6,767 new cases reported in the last 24 hour, India witnessed its biggest ever single-day spike for the third consecutive day. The county has officially logged 1,31,868 cases, 3,867 deaths linked to the highly infectious illness since the pandemic began.
2. Domestic flights will recommence across the country from tomorrow, i.e., Monday, 25th May- except Andhra Pradesh which will start on 26 May and West Bengal on 28 May.
Starting tomorrow, there will be limited flights from Mumbai & as per approved ⅓ schedule from other airports in the state.
Limited operations to West Bengal will commence on 28th May 2020.
— Hardeep Singh Puri (@HardeepSPuri) May 24, 2020
3. Starting tomorrow, Mumbai airport will resume 25 commercial passenger flight movements on departure and 25 on arrival.
4. Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam airports are allowed to operate domestic flights from May 26.
5. 3041 new COVID-19 cases and 58 deaths reported today, taking the total number of cases to 50,231, of which 33,988 are active cases. Death toll stands at 1,635. Total 1,196 people recovered and discharged today, 14,600 patients have been discharged till date.
ALSO READ: COVID-19 | 14 days mandatory quarantine- here are the guidelines for…
6. 1725 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Mumbai today, taking the total number of cases to 30,359. Death toll rises to 988 after 39 deaths were reported today.
7. West Bengal reports 208 new COVID-19 confirmed cases and 3 deaths today. The total number of positive cases in the state rise to 3,667, including 2,056 active cases and 203 deaths.
8. Total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Haryana is now 1,184 with 53 new positive cases reported today. Death toll stands at 16.
9. All 13 districts of Uttarakhand are now designated as Orange Zone.
10. Delhi’s Tihar Jail assistant superintendent tests COVID-19 positive.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!