Total number of cases in India stands at 1,12,359, including 63624 active cases & 3435 deaths.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this morning:
1. Spike of 5,609 COVID-19 cases and 132 deaths in the last 24 hours. Total number of cases in the country on Thursday, 21 May, are at 1,12,359, including 63,624 active cases and 3,435 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
2. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri on announced on Wednesday that domestic passenger flight operations will resume in calibrated manner from 25 May. He took to Twitter to say that SOP for passenger movement will be issued to airlines and airports by the ministry.
3. 95 new coronavirus positive cases reported in Barabanki in Uttar Pradesh taking the total number of positive cases in the district to 124 including 122 active cases and 2 cured/discharged, says District Magistrate Barabanki.
95 new #Coronavirus positive cases reported in Barabanki taking the total number of positive cases in the district to 124 including 122 active cases and 2 cured/discharged: District Magistrate Barabanki pic.twitter.com/z11NnMWMhb
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) May 21, 2020
4. As many as 96 more COVID-19 cases reported in Bihar, state’s tally reaches 1,675.
5. According to official figures, people in the age group of 50-59 years constituted over 26 per cent of the total COVID-19 fatalities in the national capital.
6. 14 deaths and 174 new positive Covid-19 cases reported in the last 24 hours in Pune district. The death toll now rises to 235 while total positive cases stand at 4544: Health Officials, Pune.
7. Here is a complete list of 200 (100 pairs) Mail/Express Trains to be run by Railways Ministry with the effect from June 1.
📢List of 200 (100 pairs) Mail/Express Trains to be run by @RailMinIndia w.e.f. 01/06/2020
— #IndiaFightsCorona (@COVIDNewsByMIB) May 21, 2020
8. First special Air India flight from Sydney to New Delhi, under Vande Bharat Mission took off today with 224 Indians onboard
— ANI (@ANI) May 21, 2020
9. Intra-state bus services by Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC), partially resumed from today in the state.
10. All passengers must download and use the Aarogya Setu application. Passengers are advised to travel light: Railway ministry.