India, with over 85,000 cases, has now crossed China’s tally while the death toll reached 2,752.
Here are the top developments in India this morning:
1. The total number of active cases reached 53,035 and the death toll stands at 2,752. While 30,152 people have been recovered so far.
2. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Friday announced a number of relief measures for the agricultural sector and its allied activities which included creation of a Rs 1 lakh crore Agri-Infrastructure Fund for farmers.
3. Government to amend the Essential Commodities Act to enable better price realisation for farmers.
4. The Centre on Friday said it is the responsibility of the states to persuade migrant workers to not walk, and facilitate their travel by Shramik special trains.
5. Delhi recorded 425 new cases of coronavirus and eight more deaths Friday, taking the case tally to 8,895 and the toll to 123.
6. 1,576 new COVID-19 positive cases and 49 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Friday, taking the number of active cases to 21,467 and deaths to 1068. Total positive cases stand at 29100: Maharashtra Health Department
7. Tamil Nadu’s COVID-19 tally has crossed 10,000 on Friday to stand at 10,108. The number of fatalities reported so far is 72.
8. The World Bank approved a $1 billion loan for India towards efforts in providing social assistance to the poor and vulnerable households adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
9. NDMA issues dos and don’ts for drivers of buses, cabs.
— NDMA India (@ndmaindia) May 15, 2020
10. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued an advisory for managing health care workers working in COVID and non-COVID areas of the hospitals.