The total cases in India are nearing the 63,000-mark and the country with its flagship programme ‘Vande Bharat Express’, has witnessed a host of developments.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Sunday-
- The total number of cases as per the Health Ministry’s figures stand at 62,939 with the death toll at 2,109.
– Active cases: 41,472
– Cures/discharged/migrated cases: 19,357
2. Indian Railways has decided on the gradual resumption of passenger train services but existing Shramik special trains will continue to run as per current system on the request of the concerned state governments.
3. Air India flight Express IX 683 carrying 177 passengers and 2 infants from Kuala Lumpur landed at Cochin International Airport: Public Relations Department, Kerala Government.
4. Air India flight AI 926 from Riyadh carrying 139 Indians landed in Delhi.
5. University Grants Commission (UGC) has requested all Universities to establish a cell for handling grievances of the students related to examination and other academic activities arising due to COVID-19 pandemic and notify the same to students.
- 6. National Institute of Virology (NIV), Pune, has successfully developed India’s first indigenous antibody testing kit – ELISA – to combat COVID-19.
The ELISA — enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay — antibody test is a kind of blood test. ELISA kits are similar to rapid antibody tests, which detect antibodies in the blood to find out if an individual was infected with COVID-19 infection or not.
7. 1,278 new COVID-19 cases and 53 deaths reported in Maharashtra today. The total number of positive cases in the state rises to 22,171.
8. 28 new positive cases of COVID-19 reported in Haryana today. Total number of positive cases stands at 703 including 10 deaths and 393 active cases.
9. A DRDO lab in Hyderabad has developed a Contactless Sanitisation Cabinet called Defence Research Ultraviolet Sanitizer which has been designed to sanitize mobile phones, iPads, laptops, currency notes, challans etc.
10. The upcoming Monsoon Session of Parliament will be held as per the schedule, said Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla on Sunday
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram