With the total number of cases crossing the 56,000 mark on Friday morning, and the Aurangabad accident creating major headlines this morning, the country witnesses a slew of developments this morning.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Friday morning-
1. India reported 3,390 new COVID-19 positive cases and 103 deaths reported in last 24 hours.
2. The total number of cases in India now stands at 56,342 with the death toll at 1,886.
– Active cases: 37,916
– Cured/discharged/migrated: 16,540
3. In an unfortunate incident, at least 16 migrant labourers were killed when a train ran over them while they were asleep on the train track in Aurangabad. PM Modi took stock of the incident and assured all possible assistance.
4. The first flight from Dhaka (Bangladesh) to Srinagar with 167 passengers will leave at 11 am with all medical students from Jammu and Kashmir.
5. Five flights carrying Indian nationals arriving today-
– Singapore to Delhi (Dept: 0835 hrs, arrival 1135 hrs)
– Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to Kozhikode (Dept:1245 hrs, arrival 2030 hrs)
– Dhaka, Bangladesh to Delhi (Dept: 1100 hrs, arrival: 1300 hrs)
– Manama, Bahrain to Kochi (Dept: 1630 hrs, arrival: 2330 hrs)
– Dubai, UAE to Chennai (Dept: 1450 hrs, arrival 2010 hrs)
6. 26 new positive cases have been reported in Rajasthan today, taking the total number of positive cases to 3,453. One death has been reported today; death toll rises to 100.
7. A Samsung mobile factory resumed its work in Noida, UP today with around 3,000 workers who were brought to factory by buses. Government has allowed factories to operate with reduced workforce.
8. IIT Delhi start-up develops masks that can be re-used upto 50 times.
Nanosafe Solutions- a startup of FITT (Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer) at IIT Delhi.
“The NSafe mask is 99.2% efficient for bacterial filtration and it complies with ASTM standards for breathability,” Dr Anasuya Roy, Founder and CEO of Nanosafe Solutions, told ANI.
Speaking about the NSafe masks, she said, “It has three layers. Inner layer which is in contact with the wearer is made of a hydrophilic cotton layer. The middle layer is made anti-microbial and it is also the filtration layer. The outer layer is made of oil and water repellant to repel the virus.”
9. 15 more COVID-19 cases in Telangana, state tally reaches 1,122. Among the new cases, three people have a travel history to Mumbai.
10. Indore reported 28 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, taking the total count to 1,727.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!