Today is the forty-fourth day of India’s nationwide lockdown, which has been extended till May 17. India’s total confirmed cases have risen to 52,952.
Here are the top developments in India this morning:
1. Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in India have risen to 52,952, according to the latest update from the Union Health Ministry. This number includes cases involving foreign nationals, patients who have recovered and the death toll.
2. The death toll in India due to the novel coronavirus pandemic has risen to 1,783, the Union Health Ministry has said.
3. The reported active COVID-19 cases in India now stand at 35,902, according to the Union Health Ministry.
4. As many as 15,267 COVID-19 patients have been cured and discharged so far, the Union Health Ministry has said in its latest update.
5. With 16,758 confirmed cases of COVID-19 so far, Maharashtra remains worst-affected, followed by Gujarat (6,625) and Delhi (5,532).
6. PM Modi Begins Keynote Address on Buddha Purnima | Buddha’s teachings of serving humanity amid the coronavirus crisis shines through various frontline workers whether is it health care workers, sanitation workers, who are serving people 24×7, says PM Modi.
7. Air India will be operating non-scheduled commercial flights from the US to various cities in India from May 9-15, in its first phase of helping people return to the country amid the lockdown.
8. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot decided on Wednesday to seal all interstate boundaries of Rajasthan to prevent any unauthorised entry of persons amid rise in coronavirus cases in the state.
9. Haryana Government registered an FIR over 2 lakh alcohol bottles disappearance case. The theft had taken place from the recovered stock kept in a temporary warehouse of the godown in Sonipat district. Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij said it was a serious matter and such types of incidents are not possible without the connivance of staff on duty.
10. According to data, India reported nearly 10,000 fresh coronavirus cases in the last three days. It took around five days for the number of coronavirus cases to reach 40,000 to 30,000 previously.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!