According to the latest data released by the Health Ministry on Wednesday morning, the total confirmed COVID-19 cases in India climbed to 31,332, including 22,629 active cases and 7,695 people who have recovered. The death toll now stands at 1,007 deaths.
Here are the top 10 developments this morning:
1. The Health Ministry Tuesday said the plasma therapy for COVID-19 is one of the therapies being experimented with but there is no evidence for its use as a treatment
2. The CRPF battalion in Delhi has reported 47 cases of coronavirus, including one jawan who died yesterday. The entire battalion of nearly 1,000 people has been quarantined.
3. Maharashtra on Tuesday recorded 31 deaths due to COVID-19, making it the highest single-day jump so far and taking the toll in the state to 400. The state also recorded 729 new positive cases, taking the count of infected patients to 9,318.
4. Delhi recorded 206 fresh cases on Tuesday; total cases rose to 3,314.
5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) Tuesday approved USD 1.5 billion loan to India to help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
6. The doubling rate of COVID-19 cases now stands at 10.2 days: Health Ministry
7. Patients with mild coronavirus symptoms can now stay in home isolation: Health Ministry
8. The NITI Aayog building in New Delhi on Tuesday was sealed for a period of 48 hours after “a director-level officer working at the NITI Bhavan” tested positive, a senior official.
9. Union health minister Harsh Vardhan on Tuesday said that 300 districts in the country were unaffected by COVID-19, adding that, another 300 districts had very few cases and 129 districts had hotspots.
10. Haryana has banned travel of government employees and common people from neighbouring states and districts to Faridabad district, news agency ANI reported. Only doctors, paramedical staff, police and bank employees will be permitted on producing their identity cards, till 12 pm today, Faridabad’s deputy commissioner Yash Pal said.