India witnessed the highest number of death in the last 24 hours as the death toll in the country inches towards the 1000-mark, and with India cancelling the its orders for the Chinese COVID-19 testing kits, there are a host of developments that that nation witnesses this morning.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Tuesday morning-
1. India reported the highest number of deaths in a single day as the national death toll inches towards the 1000-mark. 62 deaths and 1,543 new cases in last 24 hours due to COVID-19.
2. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in India has now crossed the 29,000-mark as it stands at 29,435, with the death toll now at 934.
3. India cancels its orders of rapid antibody test kits from China. Health Ministry confirms that government will not lose any money on the cancellation as ICMR hasn’t made any payment with respect to the supplies of the Chinese rapid antibody test kits.
4. Delhi Government has lifted the bar on veterinarians, plumbers, and electricians after reviewing the COVID-19 situation in the national capital. In the order, Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) also allowed inter-state travel of health workers, lab technicians and scientists.
5. 190 new COVID-19 positive cases were reported in Delhi on Monday, taking the total number of positive cases to 3,108. Total death toll stands at 54 and 877 patients have recovered.
6. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has issued guidelines for home isolation of people who either have very mild COVID-19 symptoms or are in the pre-symptomatic phase. Such patients with requisite self-isolation facility at their residence will now have the option for home isolation.
7. 66 new COVID-19 cases have been reported in the state of Rajasthan- 13 from Jodhpur, 11 from Ajmer, 17 from Jaipur and 19 from Kota.
Cumulative positive cases in the state stand at 2,328 now. 51 deaths reported till date.
8. By April 28, 21 districts in the State would turn into the districts without even one corona positive case: Telangana CMO.
9. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will interact with the students who returned from Kota in Rajathan, at 4:30 pm today, through video conference.
10. Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has directed authorities of All India Institute Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and other premier medical institutions to take proactive measures to combat COVID-19 in their respective states, and create awareness among the society that there should be no stigma related to COVID-19 patients and frontline healthcare workers.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!