A total of 85 districts from 25 states and UTs have not reported any fresh coronavirus case in the last 14 days, the Health Ministry said in its daily media briefing on Monday.
Here are the key takeaways from the briefing:
– 16 districts which earlier had cases have not reported any fresh cases since the last 28 days: Lav Agarwal, Joint Secretary, Health Ministry.
– The IMCT team in Pune found a doubling time of seven days and one positive every nine samples, against a national average of 23 samples: PS Srivastava, Joint Secretary, MHA.
– No community or area should be blamed for COVID-19 spread; healthcare and sanitation workers should not be targeted.
– Regular health services underway in all hospitals except for dedicated COVID-19 hospitals.
– States advised to stop using kits from 2 companies – Guangzhou Wondfo Biotech and Zhuhai Livzon Diagnostics. These kits are to be sent back to the suppliers: ICMR
At the level of ICMR we have sufficient amount of kits as far as RT PCR test is concerned. Not only sufficient amount of kits are available but we have also parallelly ensured geographical adequacy: Lav Aggarwal, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Health #COVID19 @MoHFW_INDIA pic.twitter.com/CRyhz0bwcB
— NewsMobile (@NewsMobileIndia) April 27, 2020
ALSO READ: COVID-19 | Lockdown has yielded positive results; virus impact to be visible in coming months: PM
– In the last 24 hour, 48 deaths, 381 recoveries and 1,396 cases were reported.
– 6,184 people have been cured, recovery rate improving. Currently, the recovery rate is 22.17%.
– Institutional quarantine is essential in slum areas: MHA
– Total number of COVID-19 cases in India rose to 27,892. 20,835 people are under active medical supervision.
– Two districts have fresh cases,which earlier did not have any fresh case in last 28 days:
○Pilibhit in UP and
○SBS in Punjab
– About 2,000 or 80% mandis operational in the country now: MHA official
Click here for Latest News updates and viral videos on our AI-powered smart news
For viral videos and Latest trends subscribe to NewsMobile YouTube Channel and Follow us on Instagram