According to the latest data released by the Health Ministry on Monday, 1463 new cases and 60 deaths reported in the last 24 hours. This is the highest death toll reported in 24 hours.
Here are the top 10 development in India this Monday:
1. A total of 85 districts from 25 states and UTs have not reported any fresh coronavirus case in the last 14 days, the Health Ministry said in its daily media briefing on Monday.
2. 16 districts which earlier had cases have not reported any fresh cases in the last 28 days.
3. Madhya Pradesh government, in an order on Friday, said that it has decided to impose Rs 1,000 fine for spitting in public places
4 The ICMR hasn’t made any payment with respect to the supplies of the Chinese rapid antibody tests. The government will not lose any money on the cancellation of the rapid testing kits from the two Chinese firms: Health Ministry
5. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday told Prime Minister Narendra Modi the state is strictly adhering to the lockdown guidelines issued by the Centre, and it will not be possible to bring back students from places like Kota until the directions are suitably amended.
6. Following Monday’s meeting of Chief Ministers with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, sources said that the lockdown will be extended in the hotspots, while restrictions will be eased in districts not affected by the infection.
7. The Supreme Court on Monday asked the Centre to reply within a week on a petition seeking direction to authorities to allow stranded migrant workers across the country to return home.
8. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Monday said that if a Covid-19 patient in the state can home-quarantine, they will not be brought to government facilities.
9. The COVID-19 tally in India climbed to 27,892 positive cases and 872 fatalities on Monday.
10. 522 new positive cases reported in Maharashtra today, 27 deaths recorded. Total number of COVID-19 positive cases in the state rises to 8590, the total death toll stands at 369: State Health Department