Since Thursday, 491 people have been cured, and 4,748 people have been recovered so far, taking the recovery rate at 20.57%, the Health Ministry said in its daily media briefing on Friday.
Here are the key takeaways from the briefing:
– In the last 24 hours, 37 deaths and 1684 COVID19 positive cases have been reported which takes our total confirmed case to 23,077. 718 deaths reported so far: Lav Agarwal, Joint Secretary, Health Ministry
– The doubling rate of coronavirus cases now stands at 10 days: Dr VK Paul, Niti Aayog
– Apart from six inter-ministerial central teams constituted earlier, Home Ministry has today constituted four additional IMCTs to Ahmedabad, Surat, Hyderabad and Chennai: PS Srivastava, Joint Secretary, MHA
– Indore team has reported that there are 171 containment zones in Indore, of which 20 are critical.
– Districts with no cases in 28 days are now 15. New districts added are Durg, Rajnandgaon and Shivpuri.
– There are 80 districts, where the positive case was recorded earlier but no fresh case reported during the last 14 days.
– We have a live dashboard that captures real-time data from the district level, also the status of beds and PPEs: Dr Sujit Kumar Singh, Director, National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
– Surveillance is our primary weapon in the fight against COVID-19. About 9.45 lakh people are on surveillance system: NCDC
– Our seven-day doubling time increased from 4.2 data on April 6 to 8.6 days on April 20: NCDC
– Our projections were showing that we would have now been at over 1 lakh cases instead of the 23,000 cases today but lockdown changed that: Niti Aayog.