With an increase of 1,229 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, the total number of cases reached 21,700, said the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Thursday.
Here are the top 10 developments of the day-
1. The tally is inclusive of 16,689 active cases, 4,325 patients have been cured/discharged and migrated, while 686 patients who have died due to the deadly virus.
2. According to the ministry’s data, Maharashtra is on the top of the list with most COVID-19 cases, 5,652 cases of which 789 patients have recovered and 269 patients succumbing to coronavirus.
3. Gujarat and Delhi are second and third on the list respectively with Gujarat having 2407 cases of which 179 patients have recovered and 103 deaths. Meanwhile, in Delhi, the tally stands at 2248 cases of which 724 patients have recovered and 49 patients have died from COVID-19.
4. Rajasthan’s tally stands at 1,890 cases with 230 patients cured while 27 deaths have been reported as of Thursday.
5. Madhya Pradesh has 1695 cases of which 148 patients have recovered and 81 deaths reported.
6. Tamil Nadu, on the other hand, stands with 1629 cases of which 662 patients have recovered and 18 have died due to the deadly virus.
7. Goa has seven cases reported of which all seven patients have recovered from the coronavirus.
8. The following are exempted from lockdown restrictions-
- In-house care-givers of senior citizens
- Prepaid mobile recharge utilities
- Food processing units in urban areas
9. At various centres, we’ve started using convalescent plasma that is the blood of COVID-19 patients who have recovered. A large number of patients who have become alright have come forward and volunteered to donate their blood: Delhi AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria.
For all the constant updates related to COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES with NewsMobile.