There have been no fresh cases reported from 78 districts across India in the past 14 days, as per the Health Ministry.
Here are the key takeaways from Health Ministry’s daily briefing today-
– India has reported 1,409 positive cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total confirmed cases to 21,393. 4,257 patients have been discharged so far taking the recovery rate to 19.89%.
– As on today, 12 districts have not reported a fresh case in the last 28 days or more. There are now 78 districts (23 States/UT) that has not reported any fresh cases during the last 14 days.
– Agriculture business has been permitted in COVID-free areas
– The following are exempted from lockdown restrictions-
- In-house care-givers of senior citizens
- Prepaid mobile recharge utilities
- Food processing units in urban areas
– At various centres, we’ve started using convalescent plasma that is the blood of COVID-19 patients who have recovered. A large number of patients who have become alright have come forward and volunteered to donate their blood: Delhi AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria.
– It is very difficult to tell that peak will arrive by 3rd May or when it will come. But it is very stable. Positivity rate has been 4.5% throughout, one can say we have been able to flatten the curve. However, difficult to predict it(peak): Dr Balram Bhargava, DG, ICMR
– Post lockdown, testing increased 24 times while number of new positive cases grew 16 times
– Growth has been more or less linear, not exponential. Strategies have helped contain coronavirus to a particular level: CK Mishra, Environment Secy and Chairman, Empowered Group-2.
– On March 23, there were 14,915 tests conducted across the country. On April 22, there have been more than 5 lakh tests. If a rough calculation is done, it is about 33 times in 30 days. This is not enough and we need to ramp up the testing in this country:CK Mishra, Environment Secy & Chairman, Empowered Group-2.
For constant updates on COVID-19, tune in to the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile.