India has been witnessing some really fast-changing numbers related to COVID-19 and corresponding measures by the government and the concerned authorities.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Wednesday morning-
- 50 deaths and 1,383 new cases reported in last 24 hours
The total number of cases in India now stands at 19,984
Total number of active cases: 15,474
Total number of cured/recovered cases: 3,870
Death toll: 640
2. Huge traffic jam could be seen outside the Azadpur Sabzi Mandi after sale of vegetables and fruits were allowed from 6am to 10pm.
3. The border between Delhi and Noida has been sealed as a preventive measure. SI Gurmukh Singh told ANI that only essential services are being allowed.
4. Haryana DGP Manoj Yadav said that it is unfortunate that ‘misguided and mischievous elements’ are attacking police officers amid the pandemic. Yadav told ANI that Haryana Police will ensure strict actions against those involved in such acts.
5. 3 new coronavirus positive cases have been reported in Odisha. The total number of positive cases in the state stands at 82 (including 30 cured/discharged and 1 death): State health department
6. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on Tuesday advised the states to stop using COVID-19 rapid testing kits for the time being owing to big variations in their results and added that it would issue an advisory in this regard in the next two days.
7. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that 30 lakh more people who do not have ration cards will be given ration. He also said that nearly one crore people in the national capital are being given free ration.
8. The Centre informed that a total of 15,000 AYUSH professionals have been deployed in 17 states and UTs in the management of COVID-19. It also said that more than one lakh AYUSH professionals and 55,000 AYUSH students have been trained and ready for deployment.
9. The Maharashtra government has revoked lockdown relaxations and exemptions for Mumbai and Pune regions as ‘people are not behaving responsibly’. The remaining parts of the state will continue to have partial exemptions.
10. The government said that a portal — covidwarriors.gov.in — has been created as a master database of healthcare professionals and volunteers and a total of 1.24 crore corona warriors are now available in the country.