India has been witnessing a host of fast-paced developments relating to the trends in the changing figures- be it in each state or on a national level- containment zones, etc.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Monday morning-
1. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in India now stand at 16,116, while the death toll is at 519, according to Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
2. These confirmed cases include 13,295 active coronavirus cases, while 2,301 have been cured and discharges and 1 migrated.
3. The latest state-wise data shows that with 4,200 positive cases, Maharashtra remained the worst hit state. 2,724 are in the state capital Mumbai, which recorded 456 new patients on Sunday.
4. In a positive note, all coronavirus positive cases in Goa are now negative, informed state’s Health Minister, Vishwajit Rane.
5. India has formed a high level task force to research on coronavirus and develop a vaccine. The task force will also coordinate with international community on vaccine development process for coronavirus.
6. The government on Sunday directed airlines to discontinue advance bookings for travel from May 4, following which Air India has reversed its earlier decision to sell air tickets.
7. Railways has transported 1,150 tonnes of medical items during the lockdown period across the country, the national transporter said on Sunday, adding that they include medicines, masks, hospital items and other medical commodities.
8. The Lok Sabha Secretariat will resume work from Monday after it was shut in the last week of March in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, according to an official order.
9. Stepping up the COVID-19 screening of Rohingya Muslims living at various slums in Jammu, the Health Department in Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday collected a dozen samples for testing, officials said.
10. After lockdown restrictions are lifted, Odisha will hold talks with Centre and other State governments for smooth return of its migrant workers and technology will be applied to carry out the mission, announced Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday.
You can contribute to the PM CARES Funds through HDFC Bank as well.
Donate using the following account details:
Account Name: PM Cares
Account No: 59194700000000
IFSC Code: HDFC0000011
Branch Name & Code: 0011, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi
For constant updates related to COVID-19, follow the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!