According to the latest figures released by the Health Ministry on Monday, India recorded the biggest single-day spike in the number of cases —1,553 cases in the last 24 hours.
Here are the top developments:
– So far, the total number of cases is 17,656, in which 14,255 are active and 2,842 are cured ones. The death toll has reached 559, 36 of which were reported in past one day.
– Manipur has become a COVID-19 free State now. We have decided to relax coronavirus lockdown in rural areas but it will continue in Imphal till further orders: Chief Minister N Biren Singh.
– There has been no confrontation between the state government and the Centre. Kerala is following directions issued by the Centre. Restaurants will only provide online delivery: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan.
– In the last seven days, doubling time of COVID cases is now 7.5 days which was 3.4 days before the lockdown: Health Ministry said in its daily media briefing.
– COVID-19 growth has declined in Odisha and Kerala. Doubling time is more than 30 days in these two states – Odisha – 39.8 days and Kerala – 72.2 days.
– The number of districts where no case has been reported in the last 14 days has increased to 59. Goa is now COVID-19 free: Health Ministry
– Out of 100 coronavirus patients, 80% are asymptomatic or show mild symptoms: ICMR
– The Indian Army on Monday said that all personnel who are to rejoin their posts after either coming back from leave or finishing their courses will undergo a 14-day quarantine.
– The total number of cases in the in Uttar Pradesh has risen to 1184 after 84 more COVID-19 cases reported in the state today. Currently, there are 1026 active cases, 140 people have been discharged, and 18 have been died: State Health Department
– In Maharashtra, 466 new COVID-19 cases and nine deaths reported till 6 PM today, taking the total number of cases to 4,666 and deaths to 232 in the state. Of the total numbers, Mumbai recorded 3,032 cases and 139 deaths.