India has been witnessing a host of fast-paced developments relating to the trends in the changing figures- be it in each state or on a national level- containment zones, etc.
Here are the top 10 developments in India this Saturday morning-
- India reported 991 news cases and 43 news deaths in the last 24 hours. The total number of cases in India has crossed the 14,000-mark the total positive cases now stand at 14,378.
Total active cases– 11,906
Death toll– 480
Cured/discharged cases– 1991
2. 21 serving personnel tested positive for COVID-19 within naval premises at Mumbai. This number includes 20 sailors of INS Angre, a shore establishment at Mumbai. Most of these are asymptomatic & have been traced to a single sailor who was tested positive on 7th April: Indian Navy
3. Central Government has supplied about 4,12,400 PPE kits to different states so far. About 25,82,178 N-95 masks have been provided to states. (domestic and international production)
ALSO RREAD: COVID-19 | What are rapid antibody tests?
4. Central Government has supplied over 4.29 crore Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) tablets to state governments. About 2 lakh PPE kits are expected to arrive soon in India from Singapore, said ANI news agency quoting Health Ministry Official.
5. The government of Karnataka fixes Rs 2,250 as the cost per test of samples of COVID-19 suspected cases in private laboratories.
6. Delhi’s COVID-19 count touches 1,707 with 67 new cases on Friday.
7. Total of 118 new COVID-19 positive cases, 7 deaths reported in Maharashtra on Friday; the total number of positive patients in the State now stands at 3,320.
8. Kerala Government issued an order specifying the classification of districts based on the number of cases and disease threat.
9. Delhi Police Commissioner approves Rs 1 lakh to personnel who tests COVID-19 positive while discharging duty.
“To minimise the dreadful socio-economic impact being posed by deadly COVID-19, CP Delhi has approved a grant of Rs 1 lakh, lump sump, from DPWS, for any officer/staff who is tested positive for COVID-19” read the order.
10. Maharashtra Government allows over 1 lakh migrant sugarcane workers to go back to their villages after a medical checkup, amid coronavirus lockdown. All the arrangements for their travel and food etc to be done by the sugar factory owners.
For constant updates related to COVID-19, follow the LIVE UPDATES counter with NewsMobile!