The total number of coronavirus positive cases in India climbed to 14,792 on Saturday, including 12,289 active cases and 2,014 people who have recovered. The death toll now reached 488.
Here are the top 10 developments this Saturday:
1. As per the Health Ministry, an increase of 957 cases and 36 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours.
2. Of 14,378 positive Covid-19 cases, 4,291 linked to Tablighi Jamaat congregation: Health Ministry
3. Gujarat reports 104 new Covid-19 cases; tally 1376: Health department official
4. A nursing officer of AIIMS Delhi and her 20-month-old baby test positive for Covid-19.
5. Mumbai sees the highest number of Covid-19 cases today as 184 people tested positive: Maharashtra Health Department
6. The total number of containment zones in Delhi increases to 76 after eight new areas were included in the list today.
7. Air India will open bookings from May 4 for select domestic routes, select international destinations from June 1.
8. 26 sailors have been placed in isolation after testing positive for Covid-19 at Mumbai belong to INS Angre, a shore establishment. There has so far not been a single case onboard any of our ship, submarine or air station: Indian Navy
9. 26 members of a family have tested positive for coronavirus in Delhi’s Jahangir Puri; it’s now containment zone: CM Arvind Kejriwal
10. Research on side effects of hydroxychloroquine drug underway: ICMR