Most of the Southern states are dealing with the situation in a better manner than other states, elsewhere in the country.
Here are the highlights on Friday evening:
1. Karnataka is lagging behind other southern states in terms of checking. It has decided to ramp up its testing facilities and check atleast 1000 samples in a day. According to data obtained from the Union Health Ministry and the State Health Ministry, Karnataka presently tests 182.3 tests per million people. This when compared to Kerala (483.1),Tamil Nadu (285) and Andhra Pradesh (217.5) is the lowest.
2. The Andhra Pradesh Bar Association has agreed to offer a sum of Rs 3500 to its members who have been affected due to the COVID-10 crisis.
3. The Anna University in Chennai has postponed its semester examinations due for the months of April and May due to the ongoing crisis related to the virus.
4. The Chennai Municipal corporation has found over 4000 people who have displayed flu like symptoms during door to door searches. They will soon be tested for COVID-19.
5. The Telangana government on Friday launched a Whatsapp chatbot in Urdu. This will be used to answer questions on COVID-19 related matters.