The world is witnessing some really fast-paced developments in relation to the coronavirus outbreak. From countries like US, UK, Italy reporting some really high figures, the world battles with the widespread terror of COVID-19.
1. Globally, 1,850,220 people have been infected with the deadly virus so far. On the positive side, 430,455 people have recovered from the disease as well. The global death toll has now risen to 114,215, according to Johns Hopkins University.
2. The total number of confirmed cases in mainland China now stands at 82,160, while the death toll rose to 3,341.
3. British PM Boris Johnson thanked medics for saving his life after leaving the hospital on Easter Sunday.
4. The US records 1,514 coronavirus deaths in the past 24 hours, according to Johns Hopkins University.
5. Israel’s former chief rabbi Eliahou Bakshi-Doron, who was known for promoting interfaith dialogue, died on Sunday due to coronavirus, the Shaare Tzedek hospital in Jerusalem said.
6. Pakistan PM Imran Khan urged the global community to launch an initiative to give debt relief to developing countries for fighting coronavirus, as Pakistan reported nearly 450 new cases, bringing the total number of the COVID-19 patients to 5,230.
7. Coronavirus death toll in the United Kingdom passes 10,000, according to news agency AFP.
8. El Salvador on Sunday extended a national emergency law that allows the government to prolong certain health measures aimed at curbing the spread of the coronavirus in the Central American country.
9. South Korea reported 25 new cases of the coronavirus and three more virus-related deaths, bringing the total cases to 10,537 and 217 fatalities.
10. Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Sunday refused the resignation of his interior minister over his handling of an abrupt nationwide lockdown that led to panic buying.